VIDEO OF THE DAY - OWL CITY - VERGE FT. ALOE BLACC

12 June 2012

I Am Harlequin announces new E.P. Craze

I Am Harlequin

I Am Harlequin announces new E.P. Craze

RELEASED ON JULY 2nd 2012

"One of Europe’s most exciting emerging talents" Generator

"Powerful, reflective and emotionally engaging" The Von Pip Musical Express

"Her star is rising" The Blue Walrus

"Delicately soft, Freier's voice proves to be as perdurable and imperishable as ever... A true pleasure to listen to" Scientists Of Sound

I AM HARLEQUIN is set to release her astonishing new EP ‘Craze’ on July 2nd 2012.

The creation of German-born, London-based musician Anne Freier, I Am Harlequin has been making huge waves already this year, winning support from BBC 6Music, BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 4, and playlisted on both Q Radio and NME Radio.

I Am Harlequin’s music also appeared on the recent E4 series Skins, while Anne performed a live session on Radio 4’s Loose Ends programme alongside Civil Wars and to a spellbound Sean Bean and Jason Donovan.

With the release of ‘Craze’ Anne Freier is about to show the amazing range and variety at her disposal, from the haunting opening of the lead track, to the 80s tinged Something Else, through to the wondrous ballad (and EP bonus track) Wild One.

Growing up in East Germany at the end of the GDR regime, Anne was introduced to the world of ballet and opera at an early age. She got to enjoy international popular music freely after the Berlin Wall fell. These inspirations led to her embracing a menagerie of instruments that create the bold, intricate sound heard throughout the EP. The sophisticated, off-kilter arrangements owing as much to a classical background as to a veracious love of melody, forming stirring and unforgettable pop songs.

In 2011, I Am Harlequin was named number 17 in the Last.fm New Discovery Charts, and played a series of acclaimed performances across the year, including at Music Week Breakout, The O2 Sessions, Liverpool Sound City, Boardmasters Festival, Brighton Festival, and Last.fm Presents Live Fridays.

As well as writing, recording and producing all her own music, Anne has also started her own Onesome fashion range, another big passion that has been embraced by the songstress, often creating her own outfits for performances as I Am Harlequin.

With the arrival of ‘Craze’, 2012 is looking set to be a huge year for Anne Freier and I Am Harlequin.

“I am very excited about this record. It features my favourite tracks that I’ve written over the last year and I am so happy to finally be launching these.” I Am Harlequin

‘Craze’ will be available from all good digital stores and as a limited edition, hand-packaged CD version from www.iamharlequin.com on July 2nd 2012.

LINKS:


Article posted by

No comments:

Post a Comment